“ceramics,” people usually think of an image of pottery or space shuttle tiles. Ceramics play an important role almost everywhere besides everyday objects, ceramics are helping computers and other electronic devices operate, improving people's health in various ways, providing global telecommunications, and protecting soldiers during combat. Two major categories of ceramics: Traditional and Advanced. Traditional applications include consumer products like dinnerware or ovenware and construction products like tile or windows. Most of these applications have been in use for many years and therefore markets are mature with single digit growth. Advanced applications take advantage of specific mechanical / electrical / optical / biomedical / chemical properties of glass or ceramic materials and have entered the scene over the last several decades or so.
The educational objectives for Ceramic Engineering program are designed to produce competent engineers who are ready to contribute effectively to the advancement of ceramic engineering causes and to accommodate the needs of the community.
Engage both traditional and emerging field of ceramics, to bring expertise and management skills in technocrats to contribute in industrial and society development.
- To provide student-center programs which ensure that graduates are accomplish in technical expertise, business practices in industrial management.
- Inculcate moral values through stories with lesson, pronouncements, rules, and warnings to mould students into better human beings.
- Collaborates with industry through practicum courses, seminars, workshops, and special events.
- Strategically invest for developing laboratory to enhance quality and efficiency in engineering practice.
- Create the path to improving communication and leadership skill by offering team building exercise, group presentation etc.
Program Educational Outcomes:
- To develop technical expertise with proper understanding of engineering knowledge, industrial project management, ethical responsibilities, leadership and communication skills.
- To develop conducive ambience for problems analysis and provide long term solution considering environmental protection and sustainable in the field of ceramic engineering using modern tool.
- To promote investigations for continuous upgradation and provide valid conclusions of complex problems in the field of ceramics.
The classroom sessions are interactive and encourage the students to think independently. The faculty ensures that the students in the class have understood the content. High level of discipline maintained in the classroom. Students are expected to maintain decorum in the classroom.Camera cell phones are prohibited in the campus. Students are advised not to carry cell phones to the classrooms and laboratories.
Learning Activities for Students
- Industrial Tour
- Guest Lectures
- Employability and skill development classes
- Gate Classes
- Research Project
- X-Ray Diffractometer
- Thermal Evaporator
- Dual Source Meter
- Electrochemical Workstation
- Spin Coater
- High Temperature Furnace
- Optical Microscope
- LCR Meter
- UV Visible Spectrophotometer
- Flame Photometer
- Sand Bath
- Conductivity Meter
- Infrared Moisture Balance
- UTM Machine
- Deairing Pug Mill
- Ball Mill/Pot Mill/Attrition Mill
- Sieve Shaker